From Hack Wars Wiki
Before asking a question:
- Ask in the in game Help channel, there are usually a good number of active players on, happy to help you.
- Look in the guides section, to see if a tutorial can help you.
- Check the answered questions section at the end of this page.
Asking a question:
- Use good grammar and aim to be as clear as possible with your question.
- Please sign your question (end it with ~~~~). This will help us direct follow-ups to you directly.
- Edit questions for follow-ups. Do not post a new question.
- Use second-level headlines. Surround your question title with three equal signs (===) and put the body directly below it. When you have an answer, move your question and it's responses into the answered questions section.
- Only move your own question. While somebody else may have received responses, it may not be the answer they were looking for.
How can you use exponents (raising to the power of) in HackScript? I'm try[ing] to get an exponential growth formula in a script for a demonstration on how to use getE() in a script but I need to use e to the power of rate times number of years. Willaward 00:47, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
- I suggest using a loop to calculate with exponents.
- HackScript has such an operator in it - but it is not mentioned anywhere so far and one reason is because it is far from perfect.
float a=1; float x; int t=2; x= a * getE() ^ t;
- t should be an integer (floats will be rounded down) and if t is less than or equal -1 then it will return 0. If t is less than 0 and greater than -1 then it appears that t is "rounded down" to 0 and therefor it will return 1. Consider it as an undocumented feature. And I tested it only in the challenge scripts. It might work better/worse/different in other script types. Thats why I suggest to use a loop instead.Silverlight 11:29, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
Hardware and Equipment
Port and Watch Management
Player Website and Store
Question from Chronus: I know that I should know how to do this by now but I cannot figure out how to setup a player owned store. There are no ingame tutorials that go over how to go about doing this and I would like to see some basic information that will not only help me, but other new players get started as well.